fast and first

Serena Williams withdraws from Australian Open 2011

When Serena Williams withdrew from the Hopman Cup it was hinted that she could also skip the 2011 Australian Open, but now it is official that Serena will not be defending her title at the Grand Slam in Melbourne. The reason is again her foot injury, which has been standing behind her withdrawals from tournaments ever since she won Wimbledon in the middle of the past season. Here’s part of Serena’s statement: ''As I recently learned, pushing myself back into my intense training too early only caused me further injury and damage. While I desperately want to be back on the court and competing in the first Grand Slam tournament of the year, it is imperative for my health that I continue to work with my doctors to ensure my foot heals properly. This decision, though heavy on my heart, is the right one. I am praying for a healthy recovery and I promise my Aussie fans and my fans around the world that I will be back better than ever as soon as I can be.'' As you can see, the actual moment Serena will finally come back to competitive tennis is still absolutely unknown. (source: Tennis Australia,)
Share:

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Followers

Labels

Blog Archive